Sunday, September 7, 2008

Braving the BMTCs

Its been quite a long time since I blogged.Change of workplace curbed my oppurtunities.This one is closer to my home, just about 3 kms.Well, the closeness ends right there.With multiple signals on the way I have imagined multiple raised to 'n' times the feasiblity of a helipad in this building.


God,I dont like auto drivers here.They are ambitious, hence cunning.It is a routine.I go up and ask one of those guys parked outside my apartment."Sir Monotype hogatha?."Hogalla madam".Pat comes the reply.Distances within the minimum charge limits do not interest them.But ever ready for distances which burn your pockets.After the minimum charge the meter starts working inexhaustibly, and so does the passenger's heart.But I do not break the routine.Its like I need it for the day to begin well.Talking of beginning well, I do.In the past few months my kannada improved.When you listen to the same set of expletives in the bus everyday, it will ultimately.In the mornings people shove you around the packed bus.You have no time to get hold of the handles hanging from the support bar.The lady in front throws dirty glances at you for having kicked her legs or back.You in turn throw the same look at the person behind you for having kicked you forward.

Finally when Monotype arrives, Iam exhausted, bruised and in need of bath and sleep all over again.Well, eh, maybe I exaggerated that a little.

Come evening and Am ready for the struggles again.A software professional coming out of a cool office is an auto driver's easy target.They crowd around you wanting to know were you want to go.But man, now is my time.I give them my sarcastic smile and shake my head in 'NO' knowing very well all the time that they would do the same if they knew the place I wanted to go!So why not?Enjoy the effect now.Probably they'l imagine a cool hunk or company vehicle picking this girl up to leave her at her home, or to a party.Not for long, as I wait in front of them in the bus stop for the next packed bus to come along and dumb me at my place.Dead or alive.











1 comment:

Rahul Nair said...

veendum bloggi thudangiyo???
Njan vichaarichu neee ee paripaadi nirthi poyennu