Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How weird can things get

His face was one of peaceful repose.I would have loved to punch him right in the nose just to see if it registered any significant changes in expression.But I knew it would not be worth one red cent.All he would have done would be to look up nonplussed as if I had suggested he darn his socks.For no fault of his,I dreaded seeing his face as I authenticated myself into my bay.The song on my lips and skip in my feet are lost.It irritated me to find someone who seemed so detached from everything.Or maybe it was the face.Pink and pregnant with calmness.Weirdo!

I did wonder why, an as harmless a face as his could give me a run for the noradrenaline .Perhaps it was my own insecurities.Or it was time I read archives on the fundamentals of non verbal behavior. I seat myself am irritated at the very fact that I was irritated over nothing.And the point was it could not be escaped.He seemed to be tied to his chair.Last Satarday as I entered my bay cursing my luck at having been woken up from a siesta I could not believe my luck yet again.The subject of my distress was in his position.Nothing had changed since I left my bay on friday night.

Today as my boots clicked against the tiles he raised an eye, lazily to see the villian with the tap.Signs of life! Whoa..That was a major breakthrough.Now this makes me feel good.Without reason again.So to sum it up, I have been irritated in the first place....Been put off by his stillness...Enjoyed breaking his trance...before I begin to think am weirder and lose my peace over it, and start writing about myself, I'd rather sign off!

3 comments:

do i xsist? said...

woah, after such a long time :) glad to see u haven't deserted the blog altogether!

EJ said...

Wow, now tell me who is this "gentleman"...Should I come over to your cubicle???

Rahul Nair said...

TELL ME... aaaRA ATHU...
NJAN AARODUM PARAYILLA SATHYAM
NICELY PUT ...
aND I DIDNT KNOW U HAD A BLOG... TILL NOW... :)
nOW I WILL VISIT REGULARLY