Thursday, November 29, 2007

What's outside my window this friday?

Fridays are Blue-Blue symbolises the heavens if am right-Once in a blue moon they arrive with all the hype.All the cliches about the upcoming 'weekend' are on air and mails,which make me wonder why the hype was not so relevant a few years back.Ofcourse it must have been a different kind altogether.


Come to think of it Fridays are indeed delightful.Like today it is too.In my favorite tortured and tatterred blue jeans, with the upturned blue waste bin for a leg rest,and music playing in my ears, am rested and self-sufficient.The other day I changed my cubicle.With my new bay positioned next to the french windows, things could not have been better.As I lift my eyes to look up from the monitor the blue sky spreads out in front of me.Yeah in my honour they are a light blue today.No puffed up clowds.The heads of an array of Coconut trees(Coconut trees are glamorous enough!!) positioned against the side walk next to the windows delightfully obstruct my field of vision.As the tree leaves fan the sky the thin white clouds move freely like cotton bundles.A lamp post among the trees destroy the romance, yet it would have added spice when the day grew old.


Curbing my reel of mental images, a pair of squirrels play peekaboo on the trunk of one of the trees.An eagle swarms around the tree which makes me wonder whether the scene I had set up was going to turn bloody.But it was not to be.I caught the innocent eagle romancing its partner.Yet I thought it would have been even more romantic if the set had a pair of pigeons.Eagles seemed a little out of place,right?

So what was it that was making me unlike the Me?Was it the friday or the scene in front?Must be both.As I gaze cozily at the scene spread out in front of me am unaffected by the fact that my Team Lead sits only an arm's length away from me.My CPU has been cleverly adjusted to hide my dormant monitor from his line of vision.

But all beautiful moments wither away a little too soon.And this time the villian is the fact that windows have to be cleaned too.I watch with increasing despair as the maintenance boy arranges a ladder against the window, climbs it and commences his job.As I gaze at the alien in my set sloshing liquid soap onto the glass panes ,the set blur like that tear which blinds the eye.

What an anti-climax! But then when he is done maybe, the friday will look brighter,maybe my set will look spotless.

1 comment:

Soul said...

Nature always soothens up things...