Saturday, September 13, 2008

Detachments as I put it

Coming home is like retiring.I mean a detachment from everything that usually surrounds my normal life.An attempt to flee while knowing all the time that you are to be rooted where you are.Me, The Kite!

This homecoming was no different.The occasion being Onam, the most important and celebrated festival of Kerala.Onam to me is all about eating lots and eating well.A welcome change from the aloos,rajmas,paneers,pizzas,finger chips and office cafeterias.Well, office cafeteria. One of them gives gulab jamun.My fav.Thats just about it.Haan , nothing else is worth mentioning.On reaching Kochi, everything from the tea at the thattukada, to the prasadam from the temple tastes heavenly.Yeah, heavenly.Heck, I even liked the tea I made myself, at home.Must be the God's own touch.God knows am not a fan of mine!So much so that my digestive system is working overtime and given me a guilt.I return to my pathetic diet in two days, and to the goddamn forks, spoons and table manners!Haan..This is what happens when half-baked social animals are put into the society.

Talking of detachments, I was on cloud nine when I opened my official mail the other day and saw a list of issues raised by the customer.The very thought that the issues looked ugly and I was not going to have to handle any of them until my small stint at detachment was over made me feel good.I happily marked all of them as unread and closed my inbox.Another mail did make me sad.Someone I adore (read as hate from the bottom of heart) had celebrated his bday.I wished I had been there as well when they lifted him parallel to the earth and gave him his bday bumps.

Now that am returning soon enough to attach myself again to whatever detachments I have made,its time I comforted myself.You see, its not so bad after all.All you have to do is a small term memory loss of the detachments you made, until its time for the next.Well..man comforts, God consoles.Amen!

4 comments:

Rahul Nair said...

Ente birthday Novemberila.. Appo njan alla... Bhaagyam...

Wine-o??? sathyam para, Whiskey alle... Censor cheythu Wine aaakkiyathalle...

Lakshmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakshmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakshmi said...

hehe da verarodum parayalle..50 paisa thara